6 Spheres of Social Media Marketing
Social Media is a complex thing to understand. Where a target falls into the spheres is sometimes hard to determine. I like the image shown below to an extent. Another blogger wrote this, and there’s a link at the bottom, but here’s a recap:
Social Media Recap
1. The Universe: Every person in the world/region that may want your product/service.
2. Awareness/Initial Engagement: The people that just found out that you actually exist.
3. Social Media List: People that may be faintly interested in you as a company and join an email list or social site.
4. Your Website: People that get to your website and see your sales pitch.
5. Pre-Conversion: The people that are close, but haven’t made up their mind yet.
6. Converted: The people that actually buy something.
I’m just a little sketchy on whether people really join mailing lists or like you at step 3. I would never like a site on facebook before looking at their website and determining that they’re worthy of my praise. Am I out of the norm with this?