Quick Fill in Excel
If you’re dealing with lists in Excel, sometimes you want to extend the column down.
If you want to extend the column down to the last row you have content in with the same text:
- Type your text in the top cell.
- Double click on the bottom right hand corner of the top cell that you typed in.
If you want to extend a series, ie 1,2,3,4:
- Type 1 into the top cell
- Type 2 into the cell under that.
- Repeat if you have a complex series.
- Highlight both cells.
- click and hold on the bottom right hand corner of the bottom cell.
- Drag down to the row you wish the series to extend to.